|Programme operator||Ministry of Education and Science|
|Implementing agency||State Education Development Agency|
|1. Research Council of Norway;|
2. Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education;
3. National Agency for International Education Affairs, Liechtenstein
|Grant||Total programme grant - EUR 17 058 824:|
1) including EEA/Norway Grant EUR 14 500 000;
2) national co-financing EUR 2 558 824.
|Enhanced research-based knowledge and human resources development in Latvia by promoting mobility of students and|
staff in higher education and bilateral cooperation in research between Latvia, Donor States, Estonia and Lithuania.
|What to be achieved||The common challenges of the Baltic States in the field of research are characterized by insufficient international|
cooperation between scientific institutions and cooperation between companies and the academic environment. Students
lack the motivation to choose careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics, therefore there is
lack these specialists in society. In order to address these challenges, it is planned to support:
1) research projects between Latvia, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Estonia and Lithuania;
2) scholarship for students and staff of Latvian higher education institutions for studies in Norway, Iceland and
3) development of innovation centres in Cesis, Daugavpils, Liepaja and Ventspils and knowledge and career choices
in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Subscribe to news
Receive notifications of the latest contests, news and news events in programs that are important to you!
Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway have a zero-tolerance policy on corruption and mismanagement in the EEA and Norway Grants. We strongly encourage you to share your concerns and report suspected irregularities.