|Fund operator||Ministry of Finance|
|The total funding is EUR 2 613 000 (100% grant), including:|
- EUR 1 271 000 amount allocated in memoranda of Understanding to programmes (the allocation is decided by the programme operators) and the Baltic Media Centre for Excellence
- EUR 1 342 000 Decision of allocation of funds to strategic initiatives or additional programmes initiatives is taken by the Joint Committee for Bilateral Funds.
|Aim||To strengthen the cooperation and to increase mutual knowledge and understanding between Latvia and the Donor States - Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland.|
|Priorities||Planned priorities according to the Work Plan to be approved by the Joint Committee for Bilateral Funds:|
1. education and research (cooperation between universities, institutes and libraries; people-to-people contacts, cooperation within think-thanks, youth development; media – development of the independent media and media literacy, research in the field of security policy);
2. art and culture (exchange of cultural experiences, exhibitions, concerts, cultural days, conservation of the cultural heritage; translation and popularization of Latvian literature; celebrations of centenary of Latvia);
3. cooperation projects between local governments (twin towns) (conferences and other type of networking and exchange of ideas between Latvian and DS local governments);
4. promotional activities for business development and bilateral cooperation (conferences and other type of networking and exchange of ideas between Latvian and DS organisations);
5. promotional events for bilateral cooperation (EEA and Norway Grants events and other events at conversation festival LAMPA in Cesis, Norwegian days in Latvia, etc);
6. promoting transparency and democratic participation;
7. targeted support related to the handling of the European refugee-crisis in Latvia, including to address the needs of the Ukrainian refugees in Latvia.
|Examples of activities|| - Matchmaking events not tied to one particular programme|
- Technical cooperation and exchange of experts
- Secondments and internships
- Capacity building and short term training
- Workshops and seminars on topics of common interest
- Study tours and visits
- Data collection, reports, studies and publications
- Campaigns, exhibitions and promotional material
Subscribe to news
Receive notifications of the latest contests, news and news events in programs that are important to you!
Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway have a zero-tolerance policy on corruption and mismanagement in the EEA and Norway Grants. We strongly encourage you to share your concerns and report suspected irregularities.