|Programme operator||The NGO Consortium. It was formed in spring 2018 by six experienced Latvian civil society organizations: |
Civic Alliance-Latvia, Latvian Rural Forum, Dienvidlatgale NGO Support Centre, Kurzeme NGO Centre,
Valmiera Region Community Foundation and Zemgale NGO Centre.
|Funding||Total funding in Latvia is EUR 8 500 000|
|Programme objective||Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered.|
The planned outcomes
|Within the framework of the programme, at least 90 civil society organisations (associations and foundations) will receive the funding|
in 7 open project contests and 2 in pre-specified projects for the implementation of activities aimed at:
1. strengthening the democracy cultur and citizenship awareness in Latvia,
2. raising public awareness of human rights,
3. Improving the sustainability and capacity of civil society;
4. Cross-border civil society cooperation in EEA and Norway grants donor countries and instrument activities in countries.
1. Research paper on CSOs sector in Latvia 2020-2024.
2. Civic Competences Academy “Change Maker” in 2021/2022, in all five regions
(Kurzeme, Zemgale, Vidzeme, Latgale, Riga & Riga Region) of Latvia, the 8-months training course in
civic competences will be organized. It will be available in three different courses divided
by participant category and experience in civic activities: (1) new or young activists, (2) existing CSO leaders and (3) officials.
|More information||All information on fund activities, project contests search on the fund's home page - https://www.activecitizensfund.lv/|
Subscribe to news
Receive notifications of the latest contests, news and news events in programs that are important to you!
Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway have a zero-tolerance policy on corruption and mismanagement in the EEA and Norway Grants. We strongly encourage you to share your concerns and report suspected irregularities.